Dynamic Water Physics 2 v2.4.1 (Latest version)
Dynamic Water Physics 2 is a water physics simulation tool that uses mesh data to simulate buoyancy and hydrodynamics – above and under the water. Suitable for any mesh shape and size.
Description of Dynamic Water Physics 2
Dynamic Water Physics 2 is a water-object interaction simulator that uses mesh data to simulate both buoyancy and hydrodynamics, making it suitable for objects of any shape or size, moving or stationary, above or under water.
DWP2 is a complete rewrite from the previous version to make use of new Unity features and get even better performance.
Main features of Dynamic Water Physics 2
- Fast and easy to setup – either manually or through one-click wizard.
- Simulate any object of any shape or size, as long as it has a mesh.
- Extremely well optimized. ~0.02ms CPU time on average per object in the demo scene, ~1.2ms total for 70 objects. (Wavy water performance depends on 3rd party asset used)
- Utilizes Burst-enabled Unity Jobs to make use of multiple CPU cores.
- WaterObjects are ribidbodies and interact with water only through use of forces. No translation or rotation applied.
- Uses in-built algorithm to generate a simplified simulation mesh meaning that high-poly models can be used without affecting performance.
- Suitable for both desktop and mobile.
- Works with any positive object scale.
- Works under water.
- Water effects work with any flat water and are auto-generated using simulation data.
- Included C# source code, manual and everything seen in the demo.
- Ship controller that can be used together with WaterObjects to make drivable boats and ships.
- Additional script for submarines.
- Multiple engines with sound, both inboard and outboard.
- Bow and stern thrusters.
- Multiple rudders.
SUPPORTED WATER ASSETS
- Crest (free)
- Ceto Ocean (free)
- Lux Water
- SUIMONO Water System
- Ocean Community Next Gen (free)
- All flat water assets (AQUAS, Stylized Water Shader, etc.)
Details on this asset from the official Unity Store.